We will help you transfer your
PastorsLine vs. Text In Church
We are the first to agree that there are a lot of good, church-focused, bulk text and calling solutions on the market at the moment, but since you are only going to choose ONE of them, it makes sense to select the one that best fits the needs of your ministry.
To help you make your best-informed decision, we decided to do a comparison between PastorsLine and Text In Church.
After looking at the details, check out the comparison chart at the bottom.
To be totally upfront, it’s clear that we have an opinion on the matter. However, we have done our best to be accurate in the facts we present. Should you feel we have erred or misrepresented anything, please give us a call (800) 260-9705 or pop us an email (email@example.com) so we can clear up the confusion.
1. PastorsLine’s features help your church to more effectively reach, connect and engage with your members and first-time guests in order to build deeper, more natural relationships.
- Advanced data capture (FKA autoresponder)—Capturing contact data in a non-intrusive, digital way is a top priority. PastorsLine offers more than the basic autoreply to a link so you can capture additional information like name, email and birthday without having your subscriber leave their chat application. You are likely to get the data as it’s captured in a more organic way.
- Voice broadcasting (or voice messaging)—Contact doesn’t use texting? Connect by voice. Contact not in? Leave a warmer, friendlier communication in their voicemail.
- Voice call forwarding—What about if you are not in? Your callers will hear a personalized message informing them that their call will now be transferred to your voicemail. All messages are shown within the same thread to show you a history of the communication.
- Outboard 1-on-1—You already have a unique local number for your church or ministry. Being able to not only receive but make calls from the same caller ID can ensure a synergistic communication solution that isn’t tied to your personal phone line.
- Birthday campaigns—Getting a ‘just for you’ text on their birthday touches most people in a positive, caring way. They know you care, even after you have gotten them into your disciple process. Great way to save administrative time as well as it’s 100% automated from birthday date capture to automated personalized text.
- Contests—This a great opportunity to get your guest to attend an event or your regular members to engage on your program while also capturing their data. It makes it easy to randomly pick a winner and send a message via text. People are motivated to participate and that’s what we’re after, right?
- Live polling—Imagine an event at your church...perhaps a concert, an evangelical gathering, or a community-church health fair. Asking your participants to give real time feedback lets you know exactly what they are thinking so you can change things up to better meet their needs. Then you have a segmented list of cell phone contacts to follow up with after the event and continue to engage / move along to the next steps.
- More than one number—PastorsLine offers you the option of dedicating specific numbers to specific purposes (or people) for a more personal engagement. You can pick a unique local 10 digit number for each person on your team and create a virtual cell phone network. Alternatively, you can mix and match, allowing people to share the same lines.
2. PastorsLine integrates with many of the platforms you are already using. Already, this platform seamlessly integrates with Church Community Builder (CCB) and MailChimp (coming soon). Since PastorsLine always pays attention to user feedback, the following integrations are in the works: Planning Center Online (PCO), Zapier, and Slack.A great example is email: PastorsLine doesn’t make MailChimp users switch to its internal limited email system but let’s them stick with the platform they know and love. We know we can’t recreate email solutions but we can do what we do best—text.
3. PastorsLine is priced for church communication. Comparing apples to apples, PastorsLine’s adjusted cost for 1500 texts is $37.50 per month as opposed to their $67. Also, you don’t have to jump in at the deep end: the smallest plan is $10 compared to their $37. Best of all, the free trial DOES NOT ask for credit card details and lasts for 30 days instead of 14.
4. PastorsLine gives you better feedback on where you are and where you need to go. Basic analytics and reporting just doesn’t cut it for today’s churches so PastorsLine has advanced capabilities built-in. It would be important to know how your mobile strategy is working, right? Track your success via stats such as opt-in rates and click-throughs—all easily accessible via your PastorsLine dashboard.
Sounds like PastorsLine can take us to the next level. We’re in for the free trial. ( https://my.pastorsline.com/register )
It’s interesting but I’m not sure yet. I’d like to find out more. ( link to eBook )
|Cost for 1500 texts (adjusted)|| $37.50/mo |
(Credits never expire,
rolls over each month)
| $67/mo |
Credits expire each month.
|Keywords, Contacts, Groups||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Widgets / Forms||Yes||Yes|
|Numbers||1 of several||1 of 1|
| Use your existing landline |
or toll-free number
|Voice Forwarding|| Yes |
(w/transcription, push and email alerts)
|Simple Data Capture (FKA Autoresponder)||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Data Capture (FKA Autoresponder)||Yes digital connect text||No|
|Integrating Mailchimp Jan '17||Internal|
|Multiuser||Yes Advanced Teams||Yes Basic Level|
|Church-focused or Church arm||Church-focused||Church-focused|
|Analytics / Reporting||Advanced||Basic|
|Start for free or have to pay||Free trial, no CC required (500 credits)||Free trial, CC required|
|Trial Length||30 days||14 days|
|Do they offer integrations / API?||
CCB (True 2-way, process queues, unlimited syncing (overnight & ondemand), smart syncing)
PCO (True 2-way, syncing)
MailChimp In dev
|PCO, CCB, others (partial, newly released)|
Why Do Leading Churches
and Ministries Choose Us?
We help many small ministries to mega-churches communicate
effectively with your members and visitors: through text, voice and social.
Connect, reach & engage with a mobile
generation through text for your ministry!